Hurray! It’s no secret that Australia has reopened its international borders and people are thrilled to finally be able to tick this country off their bucket list. And the best entry point to the country is the famous capital city of New South Wales, Sydney. Being the country’s largest city, Sydney is famous for its beaches, vibrant cultural scenes and for its cosmopolitan experiences. One of the exciting ways to explore this beautiful city is to hire a campervan and go for an epic road trip. Motorhome rental holidays are getting more popular post Covid-19 pandemic as it offers private living space and freedom to roam around with everything you need within your vehicle.
Start your Sydney motorhome hire search here and pick-up the RV from multiple points in the city including Sydney airport.
5 Questions to Ask Before Hiring an RV in Sydney
1. Do I need an en-suite shower and toilet?
- Most caravan parks have communal shower and toilet. However, if you are not planning to spend your nights there, an en-suite shower and toilet will bring a lot of convenience.
2. Do I have the correct driver’s license?
- You can hire an RV with a full car driver’s license. If your license is not in English, an international driver’s permit or accredited English translation will be required.
3. When are the depot operating hours?
- Depots generally operated from 08:00 to 15:00/16:00. It’s best to time your flights accordingly.
4. Will there be enough storage space for my luggage?
- We recommend packing soft bags so they can fit easily in storage compartments. Spaces for large hard cases are very limited.
5. Where can I spend the night in my campervan in Sydney?
- There are plenty caravan parks in Sydney and you may even get a discount with your motorhome hire. For a list of campsites near the major attractions in Sydney, please click here.
Top Rated Campervan for Hire in Sydney
CT 2 Berth Sandpiper (recommended for couples)
The main highlight for this model is none other than the permanently set-up, hassle free bed and dinette. Featuring an en-suite shower and toilet, kitchen and a double bed, this RV has been a top choice for couples who want a light and easy road trip. With this compact model, you can expect an easy driving experience with the plus point of convenient parking.
Top destinations in Sydney to explore in an RV
Sydney Central Business District (CBD)
Read Also : Places to Camp & Stay in Sydney With Campervan
Featuring many postcard pictures including the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House, this is the main area of the city dedicated to entertainment and tourism.
You wouldn’t want to miss one of the world’s most famous beach destinations – the Bondi Beach. Whale watching, surfing, picnics, shopping and eating out are popular activities at Bondi.
Listed as one of the UNESCO World Heritage, Blue Mountains National Park is a destination that has something to offer to everyone – from rock climbing, canoeing to relaxing nature walks and sightseeing.
Attractions in Blue Mountains:
Three Sisters : the most popular three rock peaks, named in accordance to a legend in which three sisters were turned to stone
Katoomba Scenic World : Challenging bushwalks from here including the Giant Stairway and Dardenelles Pass Loop. On the Scenic Railway, take a ride into the Jamison Valley, or take the Scenic Skyway cable car for a heart-stopping view of the Three Sisters.
Located between Sydney and Brisbane, drive your motorhome and leave the hustle and bustle of Sydney to the destination for sunshine, water sports, fishing and relaxation. The Coffs Coast is known as one of the best climates in Australia with growing popularity. Here you can enjoy the nearby beaches, the resort-style pool or head out for surfing, diving, SUP boarding, kayaking or fishing. Famous attractions include Coffs Harbour Zoo, Pet Porpoise Pool, Jetty Beach, Muttonbird Island, Nymboida River and Dorrigo National Park is easily accessible and only 60km west from Coffs Harbour
2.5 hours drive north of Sydney will bring you to the paradise all year round with the attractive beaches and bays for surfing, snorkelling or sailing, Port Stephens. From scuba dive with sharks, horse riding on the beach. challenging coastal hike, snorkeling in the gentle bays, swimming with wild dolphins to searching for koalas, Port Stephens offers something to everyone. Stop by or stay at the nearby towns such as Nelson Bay, Anna Bay, and Shoal Bay for a perfect holiday experience.
Tip: You can click here to find campgrounds near these attractions
Check out our amazing deals here and plan your campervan road trip now!