If you haven't been to Perth on a holiday trip yet, perhaps it's time to organise one now. The capital of Western Australia, Perth is known for its sandy beaches, shopping destinations, cafes, amusement parks and many things to do.
Activities That You Can Perform With Your Child In Perth
- Explore the Aquarium of Western Australia that features an underwater tunnel and interactive touch pool
- Have a great time discovering the Adventure World, a theme park with adventurous rides
- Discover the Kings Park and Botanic Garden, a spectacular public parkland that overlooks the Swan River
- Discover the Fremantle Markets, an iconic Victorian marketplace with a busy indoor market
- Discover the beauty of Swan Valley, one of the most iconic wine producing regions in Australia
- Discover the Fremantle Prison, a unique jail featuring interactive cultural exhibits on prison life
The capital of the state of Northern Territory, Darwin has a lot to offer to the people of all ages. Famous for its beaches, museums and art galleries, and parks, etc., Darwin is a great place to spend the upcoming school holidays.
Activities That You Can Perform With Your Child In Darwin
- Explore the Mindil Beach, a beach that's famous for its night markets
- Visit Crocosaurus Cove to spot saltwater crocodiles
- Discover the Museum and Art Gallery of Northern Territory featuring rock art, fossils and maritime history
- Explore native and tropical plants at George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens
- Discover war exhibits at Darwin Military Museum
- Explore shopping destinations, eateries, and conference centre at Darwin Waterfront Precinct
- Visit Bicentennial Park featuring war memorials and gardens
- Explore the aviation museum at Australian Aviation Heritage Centre
- Discover Leanyer Recreation Park featuring a water playground, park, picnic areas
Located in the state of Queensland, Cairns is one of the most beautiful cities in Australia. A gateway to the iconic Great Barrier Reef, Cairns is a city that's surrounded by amazing destinations.
Activities That You Can Perform With Your Child In Cairns
- Experience the Gondola rides to discover the beauty of rainforest through Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Take a railway tour to get the iconic views of the rainforest
- Visit the Rainforest Nature Park to enjoy the beauty of tropical gardens
- Explore Barron Falls, and take some excellent picture if you are a photographer at heart
- Visit the Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Park if you want to know more about the history of Australian Aboriginal culture
- Discover the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to spot beautiful butterflies in a rainforest-like environment
- Enjoy activities like snorkelling and scuba diving at Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises
- Visit the Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, a wildlife park featuring zip lines and rope climbing
- Explore animals like koalas, kangaroos, and wombats, etc., at Kuranda Koala Gardens
- Visit Crystal Cascades to explore rainforest waterfalls and swimming holes
- Explore unique tropical flowers at Cairns Botanic Gardens
However, if you are not interested in exploring the cities, you can also organise a road trip to discover tranquil destinations. For example, you can plan a road trip from Cairns to Port Douglas, and explore all the spectacular attractions along the way. You can take a break whenever you find a beautiful place and come out of your car to explore it fully. It takes roughly one hour and ten minutes to drive from Cairns to Port Douglas, but you will have a great time with your loved ones both during your journey and after you reach your destination.
You can access the Great Barrier Reef from Port Douglas, and have a wonderful time with your loved ones exploring this iconic attraction. Once you reach the Great Barrier Reef, you can try water sports like scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, and fishing, etc.
Similarly, you can take a drive on the iconic Great Ocean Road, and make the most of your trip by carrying out activities that you have never done before, for example, you can take a break at a beachside village and stay there for a night.
If you want to explore nature at its best, a drive on the Great Ocean Road is the right option for you. From rugged coastlines to beautiful rivers, the Great Ocean Road is brimming with unique attractions.
You can explore attractions like Twelve Apostles, Great Otway National Park, Bells Beach, Erskine Falls on the iconic Great Ocean Road.
Road trips are amazing experiences; they not only refresh your mind but also change a lot of things in your life such as the way you look at the world around you because you learn a lot from your experiences. Road trips are not only about exploring new places, but they also allow you to meet new people, learn about their cultures, and explore their food. And such experiences give you an entirely new perspective on life.
Apart from that, road trips also allow you to come closer to your family because that's the time when you give your entire time to them. Nothing prevents you from having some quality time with your loved ones when you are away from your office. You neither have to check your emails nor attend any meetings. You can use your time to carry out adventurous or funfilled activities with your loved ones.
And the best part is that children love road trips. They not only enjoy visiting new places and exploring new cuisines but also feel very happy because they don't have to focus on their studies, and think about their homework.