Adelaide, the capital city of southern Australia, is known worldwide for a lot of things. Its wine, historical museums, vibrant festivals, natural vistas, Adelaide Oval (one of the most picturesque sporting grounds in the world), wildlife … Oh, and did we mention wine? But, along with these famous tourist activities, this bustling city offers a lot of unusual adventures. Once you complete the quintessential tourist route of Adelaide and explore all the prominent locations, spare a day to try out these unique and fun things, and trust us, you won’t regret it! Hire a motorhome in Adelaide and explore the city like never before with this list of offbeat experiences.
Seven unusual and fun things to try out on your visit to Adelaide
1. Quirky Bars
When one thinks about Adelaide & alcohol, wine is the only thing that comes to mind. However, if you think Adelaide is only about the sophisticated wine & dine experience, then you are in for a surprise! This vibrant city offers a plethora of lively and quirky bars that are worth trying. The Sorcerer's Bar (Inspired by harry potter), Holey Moley ( A golf club with a lot of many cocktails), Maybe Mae( the art-deco-inspired cocktail den) are a few of the many quirky bars based in Adelaide.
2. BBQ BuoyEver had a barbeque in the middle of a lake? Try it out in Adelaide. BBQ Buoy is a one-of-a-kind experience in Adelaide. Pick up your favorite snacks, grab a beverage, and set out on a boat picnic with your friends and family. These are no ordinary boats. They come with either an inbuilt barbeque or a table, sun umbrella, Bluetooth speakers, etc. The best part about these boats is that there is no size limit. There are options available for every size group from 3 to 38.
If Spooky things spark your interest, then this offbeat adventure is for you! Adelaide's ghost tours take you to real-life haunted locations. There are no gimmicks or setups, only real-life paranormal experiences. Paranormal experts take you on excursions to some of South Australia's most haunted places, and you get to try out the equipment too! If you don't like ghosts but are a fan of history, some tour operators provide customized history tours as well.
3. Hunt some ghosts
4. Trek up on Mount LoftyThe majestic Mount Lofty standing tall at an elevation of 727 meters above sea level, these mountain ranges offer panoramic views of the city. It is a haven for nature lovers and campers with vivid trees, soothing breezes, and mesmerizing scenery. If you hire a motorhome in Adelaide, there are a lot of camping sites near mount lofty that give you a chance to spend time in nature’s lap and enjoy quality time with your family and friends.
5. Whisper to the wallSet in the Barossa Reservoir, this whispering wall is over 110 years old. However,age is not the only attribute it is famous for. Its musical ability has left many in wonder and awe. When you whisper something from one side of the wall, your friend can hear it from the opposite side that is 140 meters away. Apart from this incredible structure, there are several other attractions near Barrosa. You can also explore the Barossa Valley, nearby Wineries, and scenic villages.
6. Gilles Street MarketWhat better way to experience the raw authenticity of a city than visiting its bustling outdoor market? Gilles Street Market takes place once a month in Adelaide and is known for its premier showcase of fashion. Over 90 stalls offer a vivid collection of retro fashion shoes, accessories, and a lot more. Apart from the fashion fiesta, there is live music and food and beverages stalls. The Gilles market is a ‘must-have’ experience in Adelaide for first-time travelers.
7. Take a Segway rideGive the traditional sightseeing tour a fun twist and hop up on a segway. After completing the necessary training, the guided part of the tour begins. The ride starts with a river trail offering stunning views of the Adelaide riverfront. Cover other major attractions such as Glenelg Jetty, Patawalonga Creek, Boat Docks, and Boat Marina. You conclude the day on Glenelg Beach, witnessing the picturesque vistas of golden sand and turquoise waters.
Whether you are a nature lover, an adventure enthusiast, an architecture buff, or a beach baby, there is everything for everyone in Adelaide! We hope our list of offbeat experiences makes your trip remarkable. Hire a motorhome in Adelaide
by Aussie campers and witness this marvelous city without time constraints and the hassles of hotel bookings.