Motorhome for Hire in Adelaide, Australia at Best Prices
Motorhome for Hire in Adelaide - Check out our competitive pricing!
Hiring a campervan in Adelaide? Find the best and cheapest motorhome rental deals in South Australia with Aussie Campervans. For more than 16 years, our Australian based campervan specialists have been helping travellers get on the road fuss free. We’ve helped travellers pick the best motorhome hire in Adelaide based on their requirements and book it in at the best prices.
Unsure which vehicle to choose? Simply call us at 0393174991 (09:00 – 17:00 AEST, Mon- Fri) or email us at any time (email@example.com) for free consultations. Our prices are upfront (no hidden costs) and competitive and our experienced team who love to hit the road themselves will be thrilled to hear from you.
Tip: The best time to book is at least 2-3 months ahead. Campervan and Motorhome rental rates in Adelaide are higher during peak periods such as Christmas, Easter and school holidays and availability is usually limited.
We offer a wide range of campervans, 4WD campers and 2WD motorhomes at competitive rates. There will definitely be a motorhome hire in Adelaide that suits your budget and needs. In addition to that, we strive to keep a competitive edge with the market rates to provide best deals for you.
Renting a Motorhome in South Australia is fun, nourishing and rewarding for people of all ages. There is so much to explore in the Clare and Barossa wine regions, across to Kangaroos Island or Australia’s Outback, including the Flinders Ranges. Nothing beats having the convenience of driving and stopping whenever you want.
Adelaide, the city of churches and gateway to the wine country has so much to offer. As the capital city of South Australia, Adelaide offers many great attractions and is voted one of the top 10 must visit cities for 2014 by Lonely Planet. Situated on the bank of Torrens River and bordered by the Mt Lofty Ranges to the east and the Gulf St Vincent to the west, the city boasts of plentiful spotless beaches, live music, art galleries, grand cultural heritage, historical buildings, wine regions, cafes, churches and festivals that are celebrated all the year round.
Renting a motorhome in Adelaide is the perfect option so that you can go all around the countryside without a sweat!
Things to Do and See Renting a Motorhome in Adelaide
Explore the Adelaide Central Markets and take a gastronomic tour and taste the many delights from many produce stalls. The Market is open from Tuesday to Saturday every week and you will find a huge range of fresh food, all under one roof. It’s the best place to get all your provisions and stock up the fridge in your motorhome before you start your self-drive holiday in South Australia.
Drive your cool motorhome Adelaide hire and get close and personal with the Pandas at the Adelaide Zoo. Join the tour and meet Wang Wang and Funi (the only giant pandas in the southern hemisphere) for a behind the scenes experience. Finish off the day visiting the rest of the zoo with its 300 or more native and exotic species, with over 1,800 animals on site. There are enclosures providing visitors the jungle experience with Sumatran Tigers and Orangutans.
You can also take an adventurous motorhome drive up to Handorf, Australia’s oldest surviving German settlement in the Adelaide Hills. There is still a strong German influence in the area with a number of smallgoods outlets and German bakeries in the main street. You can pick strawberries (in season) at Beerenberg and the young ones will enjoy a day with the friendly animals at Hahndorf Farm Barn, part farmyard and part nature wildlife park.
Every 2 years the biennial Barossa Vintage Festival (largest and longest running wine tourism festival) is held during Easter. This festival features the rich diversity of the Barossa region and celebration of wine, food, music, art and culture with many events staged over the long holidays. Highlight of the festival is the Grand Parade featuring over 100 decorated floats. An Adelaide motorhome hire during this time is perfect, seeing as the festival draws large crows and hotels are likely full.
Kangaroo Island is Australia's third largest island. This will be a fun filled Adelaide rental motorhome drive to Cape Jervis for a short 45 minutes ferry from the mainland. Four daily departures with additional services during peak season. Board your motorhome hire onto the ferry and spend a few days to discover this wildlife sanctuary with its natural and rugged scenery. Kangaroo Island vast 2250 square kilometres has been spared the damage from the impact of European settlers plus due to lack of predatory animal i.e. foxes and rabbits – the animal and bird populations thrived in this region. There are several conservation parks where you will discover New Zealand fur seals and Australian sea lions and koalas all in a protected natural environment.
Every first Sunday of the month there is a Farmers market run by local food producers where you can purchase a range of local produce from the producers themselves.
Suggested Touring Route: Adelaide
- Adelaide - Pick up your motorhome rental in Adelaide and drive to the Adelaide Central Market to stock up your provisions for your motorhome holidays. You will find a huge range of fresh food, all under one roof. This market is open from Tuesday to Saturday every week. Next stop is the National Wine Centre to learn more on winemaking and the interactive exhibition will please wine novices and connoisseurs alike! Enjoy the ride from your rented motorhome across the roads.
- Adelaide Hills - Next day continue in your motorhome rental and head east to the rolling hills of Mount Lofty.
- Kangaroo Island - Climb on board the ferry at Cape Jervis and spend a few days discovering this sanctuary for wildlife with its natural and rugged scenery. You will find a myriad of bird and animal species i.e. fur seals, koalas, kangaroos, sea lions and more. All this is enhanced by dramatic coastal views and rugged limestone cliffs. If you can find time after your busy activities schedule, try and drop in to see the super luxury Southern Ocean Lodge at the far south-west of the island perched atop a cliff with impressive Southern Ocean views. You can also go ahead with a self drive motorhome journey in the surroundings.
- Salt Creek - is a small town located along the Princes Highway approx. 209 km east of Adelaide. There are plenty of outdoor activities that you can perform in this remote wilderness region including fishing, kayaking, bird watching, mountain biking and much more. Cruise your motorhome down to Ninety Mile Beach, a favourite surf fishing spot and camp for the night.
- Mount Gambier - located on the Limestone Coast is midway between Adelaide and Melbourne. This is an ideal stopover for motorhome travelers going on their self drive motorhome from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island and the Great Ocean Road on route to Melbourne. This regional town is well known for its Blue Lake which is one of the lakes within the three craters of the volcano. This body of water changes colour from grey to bright turquoise blue each year in the month of November.
- Portland - has a huge fishing and agriculture industry. Each evening you will find huge ships loading up local produce and fishing catch. Portland is an anglers paradise so bring out your fishing rod and catch a fish for dinner. Spend time exploring the town and take a ride on the foreshore cable tram. Take a short drive in your campervan to Cape Bridgewater to see the spot seals and watch blue whales off Cape Nelson. Try hiking along the Great South West Walk.
- Melbourne - is the cultural, sporting and fashion city of Australia. Stop by at Federation Square, the city’s landmark cultural space with its fractal façade made up of sandstone, zinc and glass triangles. Hop over to St Kilda and drop in at the numerous cafes for tea and try out the sumptuous continental cakes at Acland Street. Finish the afternoon enjoying the beautiful sunset as you walk along the St Kilda promenade. If you are up for a spot of shopping – visit the funky Brunswick Street or upmarket Chapel Street or one of the many shopping centers in the city. A trip through a rented motorhome will surely make your days relaxing.
By renting a motorhome through Aussie Campervans, you are guaranteed to receive a well-maintained campervan from established and worthy brands at the most competitive rates.
Frequently Asked Questions on Hiring a Motorhome in Adelaide
How much does it cost to hire a campervan in Adelaide?
Prices vary during different time of the year and the type of motorhome hire in Adelaide. A Hi-Top campervan for two adults starts from $30.00 a day in May(low peak). The same vehicle may cost up to $70.00 a day during Christmas(high peak). Bigger 6 berth motorhomes may cost $70.00 a day in May and $240.00 a day during Christmas.
What are the low peak and high peak season to hire a campervan in Adelaide?
Rates are lowest during May – October for winter. Demands will go up as the weather gets better in Spring during November to April. We experience the highest demand during Christmas, New Year, Easter or any long weekend and school holidays.
What is the minimum age to hire a campervan in Adelaide?
Generally, the requirement is 21 years old with a full driver’s license. We also have a few budget campers that can be rented by drivers 18 and above. These vehicles will show (18+) at the end of their names.
Can I hire a motorhome from Adelaide and return it in another city?
Yes, you can. We work with many companies across Australia to maximize convenience for our customers.
For example, if you’re planning an Adelaide to Melbourne road trip, you can pick up your vehicle in Adelaide and return it in Melbourne. Similarly, we also offer motorhome for hire in Melbourne if you’re thinking of doing your trip the other way round.
Can I hire a campervan with an overseas driver’s license in Adelaide?
Yes, you can hire a campervan with an overseas full driver’s license. If your driver’s license is not in English, it must be accompanied with an International Driver’s Permit or an accredited English Translation.
How much is the bond for hiring a campervan in Adelaide?
This depends on the vehicle you hire as the insurance cover for each vehicle is different. Generally, we have two packages for all vehicles – “Standard and Inclusive”. With the Standard Package, the rates are lower but the vehicle damage liability is higher ($3000 - $8000) depending on vehicle. This amount is required to be paid on pick-up as a security bond and is refundable when the vehicle is return undamaged. In an event of an accident this will be the maximum amount you are liable for. With the Inclusive Package, the rates are higher but you get more insurance coverage. The liability is reduced to $0.00 for 2WD vehicles and $500.00 for 4WD campers. The bond for a 2WD camper is only a pre-authorisation of your credit card. The bond for a 4WD camper would be $500.00 and is refundable when the vehicle is return undamaged.
Can I park my car at the depot when I pick-up my campervan in Adelaide?
Unfortunately most parking spaces will be taken up by rental vehicles. It is best to use the public transport or get friends or family to drop you at the branch.
Recommended Campsites in Adelaide:
Adelaide Central Business District (CBD)
Adelaide Shores Caravan Resort
TOP HOLIDAY PARKS -Levi Park Caravan Park
Tanunda Caravan and Tourist Park
Gawler Caravan Park
BIG4 Breeze Holiday Parks - Mannum
Murray Bridge Marina & Caravan Park
Lakeside Tourist Park
Sea-Vu Caravan Park
Blue Lake Holiday Park Big4
Mount Gambier Central Caravan Park
Berry Springs Nature Park
Tumbling Waters Holiday Park
Lakes Resort and Caravan Park
Motorhome Hire Pick up Locations in Adelaide
- 376 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Brooklyn Park, South Australia , 5067 Australia
- 969 Port Road Cheltenham,South Australia 5014