Motorhome Hire in Melbourne to Explore the Bustling City
Melbourne Motorhome Rental
Hiring a motorhome in Melbourne is a great way to see the beautiful state of Victoria. Experience the friendliness of Melburnians for their noble culture, be a part of interesting sports like tennis or cricket, treat your tastebuds to extraordinary food and wine, explore the mural and street arts and go to town with the endless shopping options. The streets, parks, distinctive cultural precincts and waterfront area of Melbourne make it a magnificent city to explore at leisure. With facilities such as campgrounds, petrol stations and supermarkets readily available all around the country, it has never been easier to hire a reliable motorhome in Melbourne and embark on an epic journey than now.
The state capital of Victoria, Melbourne is an ideal starting point for your Australian adventure and there is always something to do in the bustling city. In your private motorhome hire in Melbourne, you can head south to Phillip Island and the Great Ocean Road. The popular vineyards and goldfields of Victoria are also within easy reach of Melbourne.
You can hire a motorhome from Melbourne and enjoy the many sporting events such as the Australian Tennis Open, or drive your hired Melbourne motorhome to the Grampians National Park for a hike. National parks such as Wilson's Promotory and The Great Ocean Road has plenty of campgrounds and facilities and are favourite destinations for travellers who rented a motorhome from Melbourne. For transparent rental prices, reliable motorhomes and great customer support, book your self drive Motorhome with Aussie Campervans. You will definitely find the hired motorhome that is best suited for your family or group within your budget.
With more than 16 years of experience, we work with more than 10 Motorhome Rental Melbourne Vendors that will cover your all rental related needs. Whether you are flying into the Melbourne airport, wanting to pick-up from a downtown depot located near your hotel or team will provide the best suggestions for you.
5 Useful Tips for Hiring a Motorhome in Melbourne
- Book ahead if you want to travel during peak seasons like Christmas, Easter, school holidays and Victorian public holidays.
- Book 180 days prior to enjoy Early Bird Discounts for your Melbourne motorhome rental.
- Learn about driving alongside trams and hook turns before you hire a motorhome in Melbourne.
- Use apps like Campermate or Wikicamps to search for campgrounds for your melbourne motorhome hire.
- For peace of mind while travelling, always ensure that you have the right insurance cover.
Aussie Campervans provides unique motorhomes for rent to customers, which meet their requirements perfectly.
We run specials and discounts for melbourne motorhome rentals throughout the year and you are sure to find a great deal for your holiday. We offer one way rentals between Melbourne and most major cities in Australia for visitors who wants to visit multiple Australian cities.
Our branches are located close to the airport and also in the city centre in Melbourne. This makes it convenient for our customers who arrive by plane, train or bus into Melbourne. You are certain to find a motorhome for hire close to you. You will have access to 24 hour roadside assistance included in the price of your rental to offer peace of mind driving, so that you can enjoy your self-drive holiday.
Just choose from our comprehensive range of 2 to 6 berth campervans, motorhomes with shower and toilet and 4WD Campers from our esteemed group of suppliers i.e. Cruising Tasmania, Camperman, Maui, Mighty Campers, Apollo, Britz, Let's Go Motorhomes, Traveller's Autobarn, Cheapa Campa and many others. At Aussie Campervans, you can find and compare a large number of unique as well as affordable campervans and motorhomes which are well-maintained serviced from time to time according to industry standards.
Melbourne is a modern, artistic and culturally rich cosmopolitan city with a host of entertainment, sports, and culinary and shopping options to be enjoyed by people of all ages. The streets, parks, distinctive cultural precincts and waterfront area of Melbourne make it a magnificent city to explore at leisure with a motorhome rental. This city is a convolution of hidden laneways, opulent bars, and majestic buildings. If Melbourne is your next holiday destination, then you must visit Yarra Valley - a great place for wine connoisseurs. Travel across Victoria to Adelaide and beyond!
Recommended Hotels/Motels in Melbourne
- Gladstone Park Motel 196 Mickleham Road, Gladstone Park Phone: +61 3 9338 3533
- The Plough Hotel 333 Barkley Street Footscray Victoria 3011 Phone: 03 9687 2070
- Ciloms Airport Lodge Motel 398 Melrose Drive, Tullamarine Phone: +61 3 9335 2788
Recommended Caravan Parks/Camping Grounds in Melbourne
Big 4 Dandenong Tourist Park
Airport Tourist Park
Marengo Holiday Park
Cumberland River Holiday Park
Big 4 Anchorage Holiday Park
Gum Tree Caravan Park
Grampian National Park
Grampians Paradise Camping & Caravan Parkland
BIG4 NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park
Robinley Caravan Park
Gold Nugget Tourist Park
Anchor Belle Holiday Park
Motorhome Rental Pick up Locations in Melbourne
- Apollo Motorhomes 40 Hume Hwy, Somerton VIC 3062
- Britz 2 Central West Business Park, 9 Ashley St, Braybrook VIC 3019
- Let's go Motorhomes 70-90 Garden Dr, Tullamarine VIC 3043
- Cruisin & GoCheap 25/27 Catalina Dr, Tullamarine VIC 3043
Melbourne to Sydney – Our Most Recommended Campervan Drive Itinerary
To have Australia's most striking and impulsively beautiful experience, explore the outstanding coastline between Melbourne and Sydney.
A road trip between Melbourne and Sydney is a once-in-a-life-time experience for discerning travelers. Start your tour from Melbourne by hiring a cosy motorhome; tour this cosmopolitan, dynamic city which is a hub for shopping, cultural, culinary, sports and entertainment activities. In Melbourne, you will come across some serene parks, picturesque streets, unique cultural landmarks and even the Melbourne’s waterfront area is truly magnificent which calls for a visit. Melbourne is one city that you can explore as much as you want. The Melbourne Aquarium is one of the most popular places to visit while you are in this city.
The splendid coastline stretch between Sydney and Melbourne is indeed of the most stunning and invigorating road trip experiences Australia offers. The entire stretch of coast offers some overwhelmingly beautiful natural views. You can dive the wrecks, surf on huge Tasman swells, indulge in blue water sailing, form camaraderie with sea birds, dolphins and seals on the beach and spot some whales.
- Day 1 – Melbourne to Phillip Island: The entire stretch between Melbourne to Philip Island offers ample fun experiences and breathtaking wildlife. Philip Island offers action-packed motor sports to racing enthusiasts as well as serene white beaches to beach lovers. Located just about 90 minutes away from Melbourne, drive your hired motorhome to Philip Island, which is also home to many little penguins parading during the night. Fur seal colonies are also found here. The Koala Conservation Centre located on the island has treetop boardwalks allowing tourists to get a close view of the furry, tree-hugging gum leaf eaters.
- Day 2 – Phillip Island to Lakes Entrance: Take a slow drive in your 6 berth motorhome hire Melbourne to Lakes Entrance. Lakes Entrance is well known for boasting the country’s greatest waterways inland network. This is a famous Gippsland vacations spot for more than a century. You can walk over the footbridge to arrive at the much-visited Ninety Mile surf beach, well-guarded by lifesavers during hot summer months. You can even plan a hike to the getaway of the Gippsland lakes. Travelers can also go on boat cruise on the popular lake or rent a catamaran or a paddleboat during summer days. Lake Entrance is known for its seafood delicacies as many fishing trawlers operate from this area. Visitors are also seen fishing here and even buy their favorite seafood from several shops selling fresh seafood.
- Day 3 – Lakes Entrance to Bega: In Bega, tourists flock to the Bega Cheese factory. There used to be a tour of the cheese factory as well. Visitors can also find ancient milking equipment at the cheese factory.
- Day 4 – Bega to Batemans Bay: In your hired motorhome, head to Batemans Bay, which is is suitably located for trekking, undermanding walks and driving in the Clyde Valley. The stunning hilly national parks guard the topography. Batermans Bay and the surrounding regions are popular for the unspoiled and pristine coastline found in New South Wales. Visitors relish the succulent and freshly prepared seafood by locals and also treat their taste buds to the juicy Clyde River oysters who have fans from across the world. Tourists are welcomed to many clean beaches with shallow, gentle waters ideal for young kids and others to match sails with the most popular surfers.
- Day 5 – Batemans Bay to Canberra: Batemans Bay is the nearest ocean beach to the capital city of Australia, Canberra. Popular national parks and serene beaches are found here. Swimming is a popular activity as the sea temperature is quite pleasant during the summer months
- Day 6 – Canberra: Head your homey hired motorhome to Canberra. Travelers can visit the Australian War Memorial which was constructed to honor the sacrifice of brave Australian men and women who dedicatedly served during army conflicts and peacekeeping initiatives. National Gallery of Australia houses wonderful sculpture garden and art pieces. Kids can enjoy at the National Museum of Australia where interactive shows and exhibitions combined with advanced technology keep them busy for hours.
- Day 7 – Travelling from Canberra to Sydney. In the final leg of your motorhome hire Melbourne roaptrip, visitors revel in the crystal waves at the popular Palm or Bondi beaches or have a quiet dinner at the ancient Rocks precinct at the Balmoral beach or on Woolloomooloo wharf. Some tourists also climb upthe top of Sydney Harbour Bridge’s mighty span in the night or day with BridgeClimb.
Thinking of doing the road trip the other way round? No Problem! We offer cheap campervan for hire in Sydney too.
You can also choose to hire a campervan in Melbourne or hop on a 4WD rental to see the bustling city in style and comfort.
CLICK HERE for an instant quote for hiring a luxurious Motorhome in Melbourne. So hurry up, book your Melbourne motorhomes rentals in Australia by clicking on quote now or Call on +61 3 8866 5585. All the vehicles hired from us are fully equipped with latest technology and will fulfill your all requirements throughout your holidays.
Consider a private motorhome hire to Brisbane for a coastal road trip that takes about 18 hours by crossing a path through central Victoria and NSW. An alternative coastal route that takes you slightly longer (21 hours) allows you to enjoy the scenery.
Frequently Asked Questions on Hiring a Motorhome in Melbourne
How much does it cost to hire a motorhome in Melbourne?
Melbourne motorhome rental rates range from approximately $60 to $300 per day and differs according to vehicle size, travel periods and rental durations.
What type of driving license do I need to hire a motorhome in Melbourne?
You need a full and current car driving licence. If your international licenses are not in English, it must be accompanied by an International Driving Permit or a certified translation.
Can I pick up a motorhome in Melbourne and drop it off in another city?
Yes you can. One way motorhome rentals are very popular in Australia. Just drop off your motorhome hire at one of our locations throughout the country.
When is the best time to rent a motorhome in Melbourne?
It is best to secure your hired motorhome earlier for the months of December to March as these are the busiest times of the year for motorhome rentals in Melbourne.
Can I park my motorhome anywhere in Melbourne?
This depends on the local town council regulations. We recommend going to authorised campgrounds to be safe.