Motorhome Hire Cairns - Motorhome Rental to Ramble Cairns
Cairns Motorhome Rental
Visit Aussie Campervans to find the best and cheapest Cairns motorhome rental deals. We offer a wide range of campervans (from budget campervans to luxury motorhomes) from top motorhome companies for you to choose from. Our online booking system is an easy and quick process to secure your motorhome rental. The Cairns branch is located close to Cairns airport and the city centre.
Tip: Book early to get the best price. Campervan and Motorhome rental rates are higher during peak periods such as Christmas, Easter and school holidays and availability is usually limited.
There are lots of useful information and travel tips on our website to help you secure the most suitable motorhome rental at the best possible price.
Secure your Cairns motorhome hire and start exploring. You can start in Cairns and move down the Australian east coast in your motorhome rental. We offer one-way rentals to all major state capitals and major regional cities. Alternatively you can head north east towards Darwin and explore the Top End and the Kakadu National Park in your motorhome.
Start your search and compare the best motorhome hire deals in Cairns. Suggest you view our recommended campervans and motorhome webpage: https://www.aussiecampervans.com/recommended-campervans to find the campervan or motorhome that best meets your budget and requirements.
Motorhome Hire in Cairns - Places of Interest and Local Highlights
Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest and is the ideal base to explore the wonderful attractions of Tropical North Queensland in your motorhome rental. The branch is located close to Cairns airport and you can pick up your motorhome rental as soon as you arrive in sunny Cairns.
One must-do activity is a visit to the rainforest village of Kuranda just 30 minutes north west of Cairns city in your motorhome and thousands of visitors visit this attraction each year. There is the Skyrail and the Scenic Railway to get to and from Kuranda Village and most visitors choose to take the Skyrail in one direction and the Scenic Railway in the other. The century old Scenic Rail line cuts through the lush rainforest passing over rivers and waterfalls of the Baron Gorge. Whilst the Skyrail’s gondolas offer stunning views from over the forest canopy to the beautiful North Queensland coast line.
Visitors can alight at the various stops along the route and take the boardwalk trails through the rainforest. Highlights to Kuranda village include:
- Butterfly Sanctuary – largest butterfly flight aviary in Australia (home to over 1500 magnificent tropical butterflies hand reared on the premises). You can wander among these superbly-coloured insects and take a guided tour to learn more about a butterfly's life cycle and behaviour.
- Bird World and its host of native and exotic birds in their beautiful rainforest habitat. The park is landscaped with waterfalls and ponds with exotic and native plants to replicate the natural habitats of the species here. Bring out your camera - it is truly a photographer's delight.
- Kuranda Markets - Make sure you do not miss the delightful Kuranda Markets open each day from 9:30 to 3:00pm
Another attraction to the area is Mission Beach and the World Heritage rainforests. Located midway from Cairns and Townsville there are 4 main beaches. It is known that 60% of Australia's butterflies are found here with species including the Ulysses and the Birdwing butterfly. Mission Beach is also home to the Southern Cassowary, a large flightless black bird. Take time off to enjoy the Mission Beach Tropical Fruit Safari where you will find an extensive array of tropical and ultra-tropical food plants.
As you head north in your motorhome hire lies Port Douglas the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef (13 km off shore). Surrounded by tropical rainforest this is an international tourist destination and thousands of visitors flock here to experience the Great Barrier Reef and the tropical rainforests. Definitely head out to the reef for swim or snorkel. You must not miss a ride in a glass-bottomed boat to experience a spectacular tropical underwater garden.
Recommended Campsites in Cairns:
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort - 28 acres of immaculate grounds situated on the southern entrance to Cairns just 7 minutes from city centre. Catering to travellers and holiday makers who appreciate quality, cleanliness and excellent value for money. There are spacious sites for caravans, tents, camper trailers and motorhomes.
Address: 23-51 Anderson Road, Woree, Cairns Phone: (07) 4054 6644
- BIG 4 - Crystal Cascades Holiday Park - has a vast selection of cabin accommodation, caravan and camping sites. Perfect destination for the ultimate tropical holiday.
Address: Intake Road, Redlynch, Cairns, Qld 4870 Phone: 07 4039 1036